Funnel Cake Bites
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. While it’s OK to leave some strings and pulp on your seeds (it adds flavor) clean off any major chunks.
3. Toss pumpkin seeds in a bowl with the melted butter or oil and seasonings of your choice.
4. Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
Set out squares of this pumpkin confection alongside chocolate fudge and a fruity sweet for a pretty, mouthwatering display of confections.
3 cups sugar3/4 cup butter1 5 ounce can evaporated milk1/2 cup canned pumpkin1 10 ounce package cinnamon-flavored pieces1 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter foil; set pan aside.
- In a 3-quart heavy saucepan combine sugar, butter, evaporated milk, and pumpkin. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils. Clip a candy thermometer to side of pan. Reduce heat to medium-low; continue boiling at a moderate, steady rate, stirring frequently, until thermometer registers 234 degrees F, soft-ball stage (20 to 25 minutes). (Adjust heat as necessary to maintain a steady boil.)
- Remove saucepan from heat; remove thermometer from saucepan. Stir in cinnamon-flavored pieces until melted. Stir in marshmallow creme and walnuts.
- Immediately spread fudge evenly in prepared pan. Score into squares while warm. Let fudge cool to room temperature. When fudge is firm, use foil to lift it out of pan. Cut into squares. Cover tightly and chill for up to 1 week. Do not freeze. Makes about 96 pieces.
PUMPKIN COOKIES W/ MAPLE FROSTING
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups shredded fresh pumpkin
1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
Delicious Punkin Bread
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla.
Combine both mixtures and fold in the shredded pumpkin and pumpkin seeds. Once the ingredients are all incorporated pour into a non- stick 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan.
If your pan is not non- stick coat it with butter and flour.
Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. At this point a knife inserted into the middle of the loaf should come out clean. Cool for 15 minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack. Cool completely. For muffins temperature should also be 325 degrees F., but bake for 30 minutes.